Saturday, December 13, 2008

Final Days of Work

I was pulled into a conference room at work Thursday to answer questions for this big audit our factory is doing. I was mentally preparing how I would answer some technical questions to the auditor on the way to the room. As I approached the room I noticed a lot of people in there; engineers, staff managers, section managers, etc. I thought, "Great, is this a factory wide presentation on how the audit is going and now I have to present my answers in front of a firing squad?"
-
Well, it turns out it was a surprise baby shower that everyone at work showed up for. The audit was a ruse to get me into the room. I was completely caught off guard and it was something I will never forget. Everyone was so generous and I got amazing gifts for the baby. They gave me a baby carrier to go hiking with, a high chair, baby monitor, baby wraps, clothes, and gift certificates. My good friend, Aime, coordinated the event. I so appreciate all of the time she put into it. She is an amazing and thoughtful friend. I also appreciate all of the support and generosity from my co-workers.
-
Friday was my last day at work. I have to burn off vacation before the end of the year so it forces me to relax before the baby is here....I'm not complaining. So, now I am off from work until April!

No comments: