Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Chubby Chipmunk Cheeks

I just had another doctor visit today and all is well. Nothing has really changed so there is no sign of me going into labor anytime soon. I have over three weeks before she is due anyways. This is fine because I really want her to wait until Jason graduates. Fortunately, my doctor scheduled me for a surprise ultrasound to check the baby's position. I asked the ultrasound technician if I could get a 3D image and she said she really didn't have time since I was thrown into her schedule last minute. However, she obliged my request right at the end of the visit with a really quick 3D image.
-
It looks like the baby will have some chubby chipmunk cheeks. You can also see her arm and hand up by her forehead. The nose looks big to me but maybe she will grow into it. Neither Jason nor I have really big noses. 3D ultrasounds are not real images though; they are just an extrapolation of the 2D image. Still, it gives an idea of what she might look like when she is born. Neat-o.

2 comments:

Our Family said...

I've been thinking about you guys, wondering how you are! Glad to hear everything is going well! She will be here before you know it! Did you decide on a name? I can't wait to hear all about the delivery!

T had a big nose in his ultra sound pictures and I was worried. Once he was here it was tiny...those images are pretty deceptive so don't stress :)

We will try to give you all a call this weekend!

mama bird said...

I love it! I am so glad you were able to get a glimpse of her again! How neat that we were just talking about that! Isn't God so good to us, to give us just the encouragement we need, in just the time we need it! ;)
Love you!
erica