So, I am in the process of vetting out day care centers. I have been to four so far that I'm just not jazzed about. There was nothing "bad" about them but all of them were lacking in something. The corporate type places, like Tutor Time, seemed more about the bottom line and lacked a personal touch. One private place seemed more personal but had lack of technology and certain safety items that I was looking for such as electronic-only access to the building. Odds are nothing bad would happen at any of these places but I still was not satisfied especially with the cost of day care....jeesh. I started to think that I was becoming one of those overprotective, "nothing-can-be good-enough-for-my-kid" type of moms.
-
But just this week I did find a great place. It really comes down to looking at many options and talking to moms that currently take their kids to a place they like. Angela, a co-worker, recommended "The Learning Curve" which is a new, privately owned company. The tour went great. Everything is new, bright, cheerful, and even the infants get structured learning and play. Plus, their technology is great; I can even log-in to my computer at work and see live video of the nursery.
-
Of course, good places go fast. The director of TLC told me that there is currently only one spot open for March/April time frame when I expect to go back to work. What?!? It's only September and they are almost booked until March? I guess it is a good place. Okay, we'll pluck the deposit down now. I do feel good about the decision though....I think Mia will enjoy it too....
No comments:
Post a Comment