Saturday, September 27, 2008

Mia's Room

We are making room for baby! I think the nursery is pretty much complete. We just need to do some finishing work on the rocking glider and then that will be it. Jason is the one that found all of the furniture which I really like. The furniture is made by Baby's Dream which got good safety and durability ratings. Also, I would like to thank Aime and her daughter, Alissa, for letting us have the cute butterfly bedding for the crib.
-
We did not do any painting on the walls. Rather, I painted some canvases and hung them up. That way, when Mia is older and wants to change things around we don't have to repaint all of the walls. I had fun painting and putting together the "Amelia" sign over her crib and painting the four canvas butterfly that will be over the rocking chair. The nursery got my creative juices flowing again and allowed me to break out my paints and brushes...something I haven't really done since high school. It's obvious she probably won't care what the nursery looks like when she comes; she will just want a safe, quiet, comfortable place to poo, eat, and cry. But the decorating was fun for mom and dad!




2 comments:

Kelley said...

Looks great! :-)

mama bird said...

Dear Allie and Jason,
Amelia's room looks beautiful! I can't believe we are so close to seeing her precious little face in person! Get ready for LOTS of kisses Amelia!