Sunday, April 19, 2009

Mia's Baptism

Mia had a big weekend. First, her Pappy came into town from Mississippi. He was so glad to see her again and she had big smiles in return for him. On Saturday Mia went into the swimming pool for the first time. I was expecting an emotional explosion of either intense delight or extreme fright of the water. But Mia just displayed a calm interest in the water and how it felt around her. She is definitely a water baby and I expect she will swim like a fish before long.

-
Sunday brought about the big day of her baptism. We dressed her up in the bonnet and gown that I wore during my baptism 30 years ago. She was absolutely adorable in it. She was the perfect baby during Mass and during the ceremony that followed it. She didn't even cry when she was baptised with the water. Our friends Kim and Kenny were excellent Godparents. Thanks Kim, for not dropping her in the font! :)
-
Afterwards we had a little party at the house to complete the celebration. Mia slept through most of the party which is fine because she had a big weekend. I am so proud of our little girl.

1 comment:

Our Family said...

Allie! I can't say it enough...Mia is precious! I love the picture of her smiling! And, she is a girl after my own heart...a little water baby! Wish we were there to go swimming with you!

Love, us
Oh, and I love your hair! You look great!