Sunday, June 27, 2010

Transitions

We constantly go through transitions with Mia but some are more momentous than others. This week we transitioned from "baby" tub to "big-girl" tub. We also transitioned from "Binky" to "No-Binky." The baby tub transition was accidental because the duck tub sprung an air leak. No more ducky baby tub. Mia is enjoying the big girl tub because I bought her some new bath toys.
-
The Binky transition was a bit more difficult though. Mia had a strong soothing habit with the Binky but it was time to let go. I waited to do the transition until Jason was out of town for the weekend because I knew it would be a bit rough for Mia (and Jason). I held a "Binky-Go-ByeBye" party for Mia with her friend, Olivia, next door. We got rid of the Binkys, played with balloons, and had ice cream to celebrate. Mia struggled with the concept a little bit. There were some tantrums and about 30 minutes of crying at bedtime for a couple of nights but now she is sleeping soundly without Binky. Yeah! Now that I think about it, if someone told me I could never have chocolate and then threw me a party I might sock them in the face. Maybe Mia views the "Binky-Go-ByeBye" party as a cruel joke. I am sure she will repay me plenty when she is a teenager!
-
We also celebrated this weekend by having so much fun at the zoo and pool. Mia is transitioning into a fun toddler. The first year was a lot of work but now there are so many fun things she wants to do. In fact, I feel like I am transitioning back into a kid again when I do these fun activities with her.
The duck tub in "healthier" years.....
The duck tub after Mom springs an air leak. New plan needed

Celebrating my transitions with Olivia at the zoo and the pool

No comments: