Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Two Months: A month of firsts

I am happy to report that Mia is turning a corner on her colic. I think we found that she was crying incessantly due to acid reflux. We now have her on Prevacid, an acid reflux medication, and I have a whole new child. She still crys but its not all the time and I can console her with holding and hugs! I love it! Fingers crossed that it continues to improve.
-
Mia is going into her second month and has had quite a lot of first events. She flashed us her first smile and there have been many more that have followed. I am sure we are getting all of these smiles because she is feeling much better now.
My mom and I also took her to her first art event at the Phoenix Botanical Garden where they had an exhibit on Chihuly, the world famous glass artist. It was wonderful to be outside and see his artwork in the garden. Mia was very good while we were there so she must be an art fan.
-
If you are in the Phoenix area then you should really check out this exhibit. It runs until May 31st. Get out there while the weather is nice!
Finally, Mia had her first airplane ride and trip. We went to Mississippi to be with her Grandma and Pappy. They are very happy to have her stay with them and the stay will really help Jason and I as she transitions out of her colic. She must take after her Mom and Grandma because I think she likes to travel. She was VERY good on the plane....much to my relief.

No comments: