Saturday, October 18, 2008

Prep Class

Jason and I just finished the last weekend of Childbirth Prep class. I would highly recommend anyone who is going to have a baby to take this class in their community. I would also highly recommend that you attend if you are the dad. Otherwise, you look like a real jerk if mom is there by herself.
-
First week of class went over stages of labor and pain coping techniques. Jason had to give me massages which was great. Second week was what procedures to expect during labor, labor options, and postpartum. Again, Jason learned more massages for me for my feet and hands....awesome! Yes, there are the childbirth videos but they aren't as bad as I thought they would be.
-
Knowledge is important to take some of the fear out of the big day. I think it lessens the apprehension to know about the event before labor happens. I just also want to say "thank you" to my amazing husband. He is so supportive and caring. It is definitely what I need now. He also has "Daddy Boot camp" coming up in two weeks where he will get to hold babies, feed them, and change diapers. Veteran dads teach the rookies.

No comments: